Yes, we know… we are waiting for the real physical events to return to normal… where we can meet f2f, talk f2f, have latte and maybe a hug and smile!
Well, face it.. the new normal is hybrid if not virtual LIVE!
If you have not got started on learning and running virtual lives, whether is for own company events or organising public events, it is time to do so.
It does not have to be complicated as a start. Some quick steps to get started as a practice for beginners on doing virtual live events:
- Join someone’s else virtual or online events and see how it is done. Feel the experience and observe what the organiser does.
- The easiest system is to use ZOOM. Sign up as a user for Zoom, you can start as FREE user to try it out. Once you are comfortable, get a paid version – the basic paid version.
- Plan a Zoom event – invite friends (there are many videos in Youtube teaching you how to use Zoom to host an event). Free users will get 45 mins usage. A good start. You don’t need to test longer than that. Once you have a paid version, then you can go longer than 45 mins (24 hours)
- Next, start planning zoom events with colleagues. You can use the registration function in Zoom to register directly and your participants will receive the Zoom JOIN MEETING info via email. Each time you use Zoom, try different functions in Zoom. Get familiar with the functions.
- That was easy to do right? You have officially started running virtual live events!!! NOW you can do further. Plan your normal training, meetings or other events that you normally plan physically but convert to virtual now. Eg a 2 hours public talk. Promote it as you will normally do if you do not want to use direct Zoom registration. Send the zoom meeting info via email. In case the participants are new to Zoom, you can send them instructions on how to join Zoom etc (all info can be googled! and videos available in Youtube.
Well, all the best and will share more in next article.